Rejoice! The moment all pubbers, MVM players and even some competitive 6v6 players have long hoped and dreamed of is finally here…It’s the first 9v9 Highlander Winter One Night Cup, brought to you by TF2CSA and Gamezone.
You are cordially invited to “Get on the freakin point dumbass” and gently admonished to”Get to the cart, ya bloody idiots!” In Highlander you’ll be a part of a well oiled machine comprising of one of each class – 9 players – versus another team of equally motivated, though obviously inferior, individuals.TF2 players from all classes and all disciplines come together! You too can be “credit to team!”
We’re working on some prizes (TBA), but in the meantime, get your team registered and have some fun!
- The Love Nest
- Angry Vikings
- The Chess Club (Horsey)
- Pool A – Server vs DG
- Pool B – AV vs Horsey
- Pool A – Server vs TLN
- Pool B – AV vs MIST
- Pool A – DG vs TLN
- Pool B – Horsey vs MIST
- The pool stage starts Friday 9 May at 19:00
- Final will be played on Friday 16 May at 19:00
- Limit of 6 Teams, separated into 2 pools of 3 teams
- 2 maps per match, 1 Payload & 1 Attack/ Defense
- In the unlikely event of one of the maps in a match being drawn, the other map result will determine the winner of the match. If one team wins the PL map and the other wins the Attack/ Defense Map thus ending in a draw, the result will be decided based on a Payload Race on Hightower. These tiebreaker matches will be played later in the evening after the scheduled pool stage matches are complete (after 10:30pm), so be prepared for that possibility.
- The teams advancing to the final will be the two that have the highest win to loss ratio in their respective pools.
- Based on the set map pool, the captains bottle fight to determine who chooses the game mode and first map. The losing captain chooses the map on remaining game mode. The same map cannot be chosen twice by a team during the course of the pool stage
- A full match schedule, including pools and match times will be posted on Thursday 8 May 2014
- To sign up for the awesome Highlander experience, register your clan (with team members) in the comments.
Teams can choose from the following map pool:
- Badwater Basin
Attack / Defense
- Gravel Pit
- Mountain Lab
- Teams may use a maximum of two (2) substitute players provided that player is not a member of another clan playing in the cup;
- Teams unable to field the required 9 players will forfeit the match unless a substitute player is on the server within 10min of the scheduled start time of their match.
- Teams must be finalised by Wednesday 7 May 2014;
- The results will be posted at https://tf2.co.za/competitions/9v9-winter-highlander-cup/
- The servers are configured to use the UGC Highlander whitelist: http://ugcleague.com/files/configs/HL_whitelist/item_whitelist_ugc_HL.txt
- In the event of disputes or rule discussion, the ETF2L rules will apply where applicable: http://www.ugcleague.com/rules_tf2h.cfm
- Only communication from captains will be entertained. Only the team / clan captain are allowed to correspond with the competition organizers on matters regarding the competition, including and especially relating to disputes or issues of any kind. Any correspondence from other team / clan members will be ignored.
- Decisions around issues or disputes will be made by the competition organizers. Any and all decisions are final.
- Any private or public communication, behaviour or action that contravenes this or challenges any of the decisions made could result in the player being banned from the competition or depending on the severity, potentially the team itself being disqualified – whether you are in a final or not.
- Any potential disputes or issues arising during the pool stage will be addressed after the pool stage is over. If any rematches are decided on, those will be scheduled for earlier in the day, on the day of the final.