It’s One Night Cup time!
TF2CSA and Gamezone are proud to announce the Autumn One Night Cup for 6v6 TF2.
We want you and your clan playing! We at TF2CSA want to get more regular local competitive TF2 happening again and get some new players into the game we all love. TF2 is an incredibly fun game as well as being an extremely competitive game that requires a lot of skill – which we’ve got a lot of in SA. The local community deserves more competitions and we aim to deliver.
There will be some prizes (some cool strange items and hats), but remember: this Cup is all about fun!
The plan going forward is to hold regular One Night Cups as well as a league later in the year.
Competitive TF2 is back and exciting things are on the horizon.
Register your clan (with team members) in the comments.
Game day schedule
[gdoc link=”https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Al0m7HNiqfhUdFhOTHRma05VV0l3UVdtYnB2R0ZCdEE&single=true&gid=0&range=a1%3Ae20&output=html” height=”575″ width=”450″]
Game day info
- The match times are set in stone. No delays in start times will be accepted.
- All match times are the latest start time allowed. Make sure you ready up well before your scheduled time.
- If a clan fails to ready up before the scheduled start time, they will forfeit the match.
- There are a maximum of 15 min of down time in between matches
- Use the down time to move to the next server, switch maps & talk strategy. Take a break – whatever you need.
- But make absolutely sure you start before the scheduled match time. No excuses will be accepted.
Round robin standings
- Well done to everyone who played. After the round robin stage, the teams are placed:
- The final is Severe vs Vintage.
Schedule for the final
- Final start time is 8pm. Again, it is set in stone. We will be shoutcasting the match & it will be advertised for 8pm.
- Join the server 10 min beforehand and ready up by 8pm. Shoutcasting will begin at 7:55pm, so best behaviour please.
- There will be 10min before the 2nd map start, which will start at 8:40pm.
- First map will be the table topper’s home map, second map will be the 2nd placed team’s home map.
- The final will be held on IS Clan Server I
- To watch this exciting match, use STV by typing opening console and typing connect 184.108.40.206:27121
- The Autumn One Cup begins on Sunday April 13 2014 at 3pm.
- Limit of 6 teams
- Maps limited to pool of 6 maps – one nominated by each team. Badlands is not available to nominate, sorry guys.
- One map per match, rather than the usual 2 maps home/ away.
- Each team plays one map vs every other team (5 games) and will have played 5 of the maps. TF2CSA admins will pre-roster the matches & maps.
- No GC in the ladder stage, so a draw is a draw.
- Points system is 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 0 for a loss.
- The top 2 teams after the points tally from the ladder play a final with the traditional 2 maps home/ away. Their home maps will be the maps they originally nominated.
- There will be a 3 and a half hour ladder stage with the team’s match roster provided by TF2CSA. 30min per map x 5 games = 150min plus an extra 1 hour grace to allow for map changes etc. 3pm to 6:30pm, followed by the final at 8pm.
- Teams may use a maximum of two (2) substitute players provided that player is not a member of another clan playing in the cup;
- A match can be played with five (5) players;
- Team captains can use the Steam 6v6 Captains Group for communication;
- Teams must be finalised by Friday April 11 2014;
- The results will be tracked at: http://challonge.com/;
- The servers are configured to use the ETF2L whitelist;
- In the event of disputes or rule discussion, the ETF2L rules will apply;
- Should the final be drawn across both maps, the tiebreaker will be decided on a GC round.