**Updated 12 teams registered**
The “Week Plus” series is a new 6v6 tournament that will be played with the standard league format that has to be played within 2 Sunday’s. This mini-league will consist of groups with up to 4 teams in each and will have up to 3 divisions to accommodate all according to their skill levels. Stage 1 will have a round robin where all the teams will play all the teams in their respective group and then the top 2 teams on the standings will go through the Stage 2 the grand finals where these 2 teams from each division will have to play Best of 3 maps.
Note: Two matches from the group stage will be played on the first Sunday and then on the next Sunday the 3rd match from group stage and finals will take place.
There is an added challenge on this Week Plus tournament “Teams cannot pick a map more than once while in the group stage”. Even though the teams have the ability to pick a map of their choice for the assigned fixture they will have to manage to play 3 out of the 5 maps from the pool (For the finals the rule will not apply).
Note: It’s allowed to play the same map twice if both teams pick the same map for their group stage fixture but is not allowed for the finals.
Week Plus Tournament (Registrations Open until Friday 19th of August 11pm– Kickoff Sunday 21st August)
Week Plus Rules
- Teams will pick their map of choice from the map pool for their assigned fixture.
- Teams cannot pick a map more than once while on group stage
- Fixtures will be sorted by tournament admin.
- Each match consist of 2 maps and the result it’s worked out over both (To win a team must win both or tie one and win another, to draw each team wins one or tie both, to lose team that loses both maps or tie one and lose another)
- Points will be awarded for group stage and round difference will be taken into consideration as well. (Win = 3pts – Draw = 1 pts – Loss = 0 pts)
- Golden Cap if required will be played with a timelimit of 10 minutes and if no team wins the round in time the winner will be the team that has possession of the mid point (Golden Cup rule will only be used in the finals).
- The final will be played as BO3 (Best of 3) with Gravelpit as decider map.
- This Sunday 21st of August 2 fixtures will be assigned for group stage and on the next Sunday 28th of August the 3rd fixture will be assigned from the group stage. After few minutes the standings will be sorted and then the top 2 teams on the standings will play at the finals.
- Up to 3 divisions with multiple groups each can be accommodated. At Division 3 for new teams with players that are just starting to take part on TF2 competitive the map rule will not apply and only the standard maps will be used.
Check out the General TF2 6v6 rules
Tournament admin: Razerfox
To sign-up for this tournament teams will have to be registered at the Ladder or if already registered just make sure your team’s lineup its up to date as rosters will be locked once the tournament starts then you can email your entry confirmation to Razerfox . The fixtures and schedule will be posted and emailed to each team once registrations are closed this Friday 19 of August at 11pm.
Note: If there are 2 groups for a specific division then only the group winners will head to the finals.
[table “126” not found /]
[table “127” not found /]
[table “128” not found /]
**Keep in mind the ladder will be used for team management purposes only, not to run the competition**