On Sunday I was just checking some TF2 news (don’t remember where) but then I came across with Why is TF2 such a good game? at Reddit then the user juicyjames made a great reply that remind me “I’m not wasting my time playing this game” (I know lots of players have those kind of thoughts) even though in SA has not been so popular there are plenty guys out there that love playing this game so much (pubbers, casual and competitive players) that at the end what matters is having fun with our friends. So well I decided to post the comment here for you guys to check it out and think about it as well if you have any doubts that you wasting your time playing this game. Check it out:
- Value. It is only $10 if you buy it from Amazon or a brick-and-mortar store such as Walmart, etc. On the other hand, you can pay $30 and get the entire Orange Box with five full games, including Team Fortress 2. Either way, it’ll give you hours and hours of fun.
- Support. It’s been patched 100+ times in its almost three year lifespan. These aren’t all just bug fixes either, as the game content has literally more than doubled since its release. From 6 maps in 4 game modes to 40 maps in 8 game modes (and a training mode), from 3 weapons per each of the 9 classes to at least 7 weapons per class, 300+ achievements added, and tons of hats and miscellaneous items to customize your characters look.
- Community. The fact this game is team-based ensures that communities develop not just around individual servers, but around the game as a whole. From trading to the wide array of supporting websites to Valve’s own Team Fortress 2 contests, there is never a moment where you feel isolated if you do not want to be.
- Variety. Each of the 9 distinct classes play differently from one another, and with the many sidegrade weapons each class has several different playstyles, too. Combined with the 40 maps in 8 game modes there is endless variety in how you can play the game.
- Depth. Whether it’s force jumping, rocketjumping, air strafing, reflect-rocket jumping, stickyjumping, airshotting, sentry jumping, or good ol’ fashioned sniping, there is always room for growth. Don’t be scared, though, as players of all skill levels have their place. From serious 6v6 PUGs to casual 16v16 instant respawn, roll-the-dice spamfests, the choice is yours.
- Balance and Care “I can’t think of another game that has gotten more attention from the dev team and had more user studies made about it with the goal of making the game more fun. It’s three years worth of hard work to make what is simply an incredibly rewarding game.”
- Charm. Since the game opts to have a unique style instead of trying to look realistic, the game never looks dated. In addition, the colorful characters are so fun, lovable, and memorable that they have spawned many cosplayers, a lot of fan art, several official comics, thousands of fan videos, and tons of memes.
- Fun. Above all else, it’s just fun and does not take itself too seriously.
Now you tell me don’t you really think that this game is just awesome…?
Yes we have a smaller player base in SA compared to Warfare games but that doesn’t mean the game it’s dead!
Well anyways whoever still plays this game let’s keep having fun guys that’s all I can say.