Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Improved sv_pure:
- Materials / Models / Sounds / Animations are more comprehensively protected.
- Switched from CRC to MD5 hashes for stronger per-file validation.
- Fixed some issues between custom files and server whitelists over level changes.
- Added HL2:MP to the list of dedicated server games when starting a server via the Tools tab in the Library
Team Fortress 2
- Added Medieval Mode, a game mode where players are restricted to using olde weapons.
- ‘Your Eternal Reward’ changes:
- Spies can now change their disguise weapon via ‘lastdiguise’ while using ‘Your Eternal Reward’
- Already-disguised ‘Your Eternal Reward’ Spies are no longer forced to switch to displaying the melee weapon when they make a kill
- Spies no longer play speech lines when making a kill with ‘Your Eternal Reward’
- Sentries no longer track ‘Your Eternal Reward’ Spies after they backstab someone
- ‘Natascha’ changes:
- Spin-up time increased.
- Slowdown-on-hit effect is reduced over distance.
- Added ‘The Medi-eval Medic’, ‘The Hibernating Bear’, and ‘The Expert’s Ordnance’ item sets.
- Added new weapons: ‘The Claidheamohmor’, ‘The Back Scratcher’, ‘The Boston Basher’, ‘The Fists of Steel’, ‘The Amputator’, ‘The Crusader’s Crossbow’, ‘The Ullapool Caber’, ‘The Loch-n-Load’, ‘The Buffalo Steak Sandvich’, ‘The Brass Beast’, ‘The Warrior’s Spirit’, ‘The Candy Cane’, and ‘The Jag’.
- Added 20 new hats.
- Added a prototype item testing map, and associated functionality, for contributors to test their work. Further details in an upcoming blog post.
- Spies can now see TargetID’s of players and objects regardless of their own disguise status.
- Fixed some speech lines continuing after the speaker changes class
- The Spy ‘Sap Auteur’ achievement now increments in cases where the Spy was the assister in the building destruction.
- Fixed the arrow burning effect getting stuck on if you changed class in a respawn room with your arrow lit.
- Fixed a Flamethrower bug that allowed players to rapidly fake the Pyro’s airblast effect.
- Throwing the Jarate or Milk now returns you to your previous weapon, instead of your Primary.
- Added leaderboard to track duel wins.
- Added ability for players to donate money directly to the creators of their favorite community maps.
- Increased backpack size by 100 slots.
Check out the Australian Christmas update here